Thursday, May 11, 2006

Yuck!

I got up this morning and thought that my stomach felt flatter and less bloated than the last few mornings. I was actually a little disturbed by it. Shrinking when you should be growing is just not very encouraging.

So I'm in the shower sudsing up, doing my thing when Wham! Nausea hit me faster than ever before and I threw up right there on the shower floor. After several heaves I rinsed off and got out of the shower, but really I didn't feel clean after that. I still don't actually.

I feel fine now - not queasy at all. I just ate a nutrigrain bar. I am somewhat relieved to to have one symptom hit me in an undeniable way when others are fading. I'm still down about 4 1/2 pounds, but with the extra padding I've got, that is nothing to be concerned about.

Well I best get to work.

4 comments:

JRap said...

I threw up in the shower last Monday! We are such kindred spirits. And you are right, it is IMPOSSIBLE to feel clean after you puke in the shower. :) :) The joys of pregnancy!! I'm glad you're feeling better now.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jenny. I'm glad I'm feeling better too, but no matter what, any discomfort is for a good cause. It's a small price to pay for a miracle. That's the way I look at it anyways.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Krista! I feel so horrible for you :( I know that we said that we would take the bad when pregnancy came, but I don't think you nor I thought about it happening in the shower! :O

I hope that the day has become better and the "yuck" feeling has gone away.

~*~hugs~*~

Anonymous said...

hehehe. sorry hunny, but that's the price you pay. (wait until it happens at work.) there is nothing worse than to have your face in a public toilet. splashback makes it worse.