Tuesday, May 16, 2006

9 Weeks Today!

Another week is under my belt. It feels good to see a new week on this journey begin. I really look forward to every Tuesday now.

So over the last week the signs of Squirt growing have been going strong. My nausea has been worse. I've thrown up about every other day now. I've been keeping things under reasonable control during the day at work with hard candies and frequently small amounts of foods. My breasts and nipples are still very painful and the gas pains have come back with a vengeance. I think I've been feeling stretching pains today too. It's a very strange sensation. These are all very good things! I smile and think about little Squirt growing bigger each day. Oh, my lower back has been achy for a few days too, but that could easily be the way I'm sleeping or something.

Today I told my 3 bosses. I felt like I had to. I've not been at my best, and I know they were having a meeting this afternoon to discuss reviews. Usually they don't have these meetings until mid June, which was when I planned to tell them. I felt that if I waited and shared my news within a few days of reviews, after they had already discussed their plans, they would feel blindsided. I just told them that I didn't want to blindside them and so was telling them earlier than I really planned to share. I also made it very clear that I still wanted my job and would be back, but would need reduced hours next tax season when I return from maternity leave. The big boss said we'd work something out.

That's my news for today....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just letting you know - i'm going to try to not respond to every single blog. i'll look like i'm stalking you. (like i haven't been over the past year)

Anonymous said...

LOL! Nancy you crack me up. Quincy and I were talking about you this morning on 1st. Were your ears burning?