Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Ultrasound Update

Our ultrasound went very well. (At this early date, it was transvaginal of course, which I prepared John for, but he still found it highly amusing.)

As soon as the probe was inserted, there you could see little squirt and the heart beating away. The tech turned on the sound for a moment and we also heard the heartbeat through the ultrasound machine - 125 beautiful beats per minute.

Squirt is measuring 6w6d (very on target with my charts) and is 0.76cm long. It was neat to see, and I'm so thankful we were together for this moment. We gave John's mom a copy of the picture in a frame that said "Great Moms get promoted to Grandma" for her 60th birthday. She loved it.

I will try to update the babiesonline page later. I'm going to go to my parents and will scan the photo in there. I have a copy of the picture for my parents too. I put it in a little white brag book that says "A Grandchild to Cherish."

Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers today. We just couldn't be more pleased with our scan today. We are so attached to this little one already.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Congrats, Krista! :)

I'm so thrilled that you were able to do this so early and get a glimpse of a miracle with your husband at your side!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Krista!!! That is such great news! I'm so happy for you!

Hugs!!

Danielle

Anonymous said...

Thank you Cheryl! I hope your BFP arrives next week.

Thanks Danielle! I wish my belly would be as cute as yours is when I grow!