Monday, May 15, 2006

He came through

Yesterday when I got out of the shower and went to get ready there was a little gift and a card waiting for me. John gave me the pregnancy journal/organizer made by the "What to Expect" people. The card was also very sweet.

The nausea was pretty bad yesterday, but otherwise it was a very good day. John grilled out for his family's lunch and his mom made me homemade mashed potatos. I have been craving homemade mashed potatos for at least a week or two. Nothing had tasted so good in a very long time.

I'm down 6 pounds so far as of this morning and I'm 8w6d today. I really need to start planning to eat small amounts throughout the day because that does seem to help keep the nausea at bay quite a bit, and also it might keep me from losing too much weight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww! how sweet. my first mother's day - i had a 3 week old newborn and i was dragged out to a very crowded mother's day brunch. This mother's day, my present was to be allowed to sleep through the night. I haven't done that in about 9 months! (allison still wakes multiple times a night!)

advice on nausea - munch on grapes. it was a lifesaver for me!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Nancy! I will try the grapes. That does sound good.

I hope you enjoyed your mother's day uninterrupted sleep!