Sunday, May 14, 2006

My nipples are on Cialis or something.

You know how all the errectile dysfunction meds like Cialis or Viagra say in their commercials that if a man has an errection lasting more than 4 hours, that it's a serious complication and they should seek medical treatment? Well my nipples have a similar problem. Is pregnancy like Viagra for nipples?

Sure you laugh, but seriously my nipples are standing to attention for hours on end. It lasts so long it hurts. It makes me feel like I'm cold, even if the temperature in the room is perfectly normal. No to mention I look like a porn star or something, since there is no hiding it for me. Bras in my size are not padded at all (like I need that anyways) and are only very lightly lined. If you have prominent nipples, they are going to show. I can't stop it. It's crazy.

So if you see me around with my headlights blaring, I'm not horny or overly happy to see you, I'm just pregnant. Though I've not read about this in any pregnancy book, what else can it be? Don't be shocked, because if you do see me for any length of time, you are bound to see this phenomenon.

Today is Mother's Day. My mom gave me a book that is called "Everything I Need to Know About Parenting I Learned from my Puppies." It's really cute. My grandmother sent me something pink and something blue, but said to "Think Pink!" It seems silly, but if John does not at least have card for me today, I think I'll probably cry. He did make his first baby purchase yesterday - OSU outfit and booties. I hope he remembers this day feels special to me, even if I'm still waiting to be a mother to Squirt.

Happy Mother's Day to all my friends who are mothers today, mothers-to-be, mothers of angels who left us too soon, or who are longing to be mothers in the near future.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was hoping that you would post something today...although that's a little odd! :O

~*~Happy Mother's Day~*~, Krista...this one is extremely special, I don't care what anyone says! ;)

((((hugs))))

Anonymous said...

You are not abnormal, at least compared to me! I had the same issue pretty much the whole first trimester. It was very uncomfortable. I actually had to wear bras with some padding in them so they wouldn't hurt as bad. If I didn't, everything I rubbed against hurt them! I think my headlights "turned off" around week 14 or 15, but still occasionally come on for no reason at all! It has to be the pregnancy hormones!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Cheryl. (((hugs)))

Hey Krista (and other readers don't be confused, my best friend and I have the same name) I'm glad I'm not the only one who's had that. It's downright disturbing sometimes. I keep wearing my jacket at work to hide them.