Welcome to the 5 from 5 to celebrate my 500th post. Five readers asked me questions and here are my answers:
Cortney and I went to high school together and I began reading her blog earlier this year after seeing her at a party hosted by Jenny. She first asked me why I started this blog. When I started this blog, I was frustrated with my TTC journey and just needed someplace to vent. My first real post shares about that here.
Cortney also asked me what my five favorite posts are. These five are in chronological order and they share my journey to and through motherhood thus far:
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Jen and I met on bulletin boards about dachshunds back in 2000. We have been good friends and kept in touch ever since. She was the one who called me about Gwen and organized Gwennie coming into our life. She asks me why she hasn’t seen any pictures of Brooklynn and Gwen together. If you really want to know, it’s because I’ve been taking pictures on my cell phone and I have no idea how to get them here on the blog, or if it is even possible with a Verizon phone. Anyone want to educate me? I will try to break out the real camera and do some photo shoots here soon. Did you realize that Gwennie celebrated her 9th birthday at the end of last month? Seems impossible.
Kelly AKA Mrs. CPA wants to know how long I’ve wanted to be an accountant. Well I think the first seed was planted by the movie “Look Who’s Talking” where Kirstie Alley plays an accountant. One line says “Accounting deals with my two favorite things – numbers and people.” It stuck with me. In high school I took an accounting class, and I really liked it. Then on career day my senior year, it was presented by one speaker as a 360 degree which could take you many different places. That sealed it for me and when I enrolled in college, I signed up as an accounting major.
Jenny and I have been friends since we were 11 years old. We went to the same school and she introduced me to John (who she wrote a love note to at the ripe old age of four). She asks, what is the thing that surprised me the most about becoming a mother? I’d have to say how judgmental moms can be of other moms. It seems to be such a common denominator crossing over all lines of age, race, religion, economic status, work status…etc. What is worse, is that most of us are guilty of it, even those of us who try hard not to – me included.
I met Kaci and Annie on the TTC boards for WebMD. Kaci blogs but despite my urging ;) Annie doesn’t. Kaci asks what my favorite time of day is and what accomplishment am I most proud of. My favorite time of day is Sunset. I love the light, the sounds, the change from day to night. I may not always get to enjoy it, but I when I see the sunset, I savor it. I would probably also like sunrise, except for that means its morning and I am NOT a morning person. What accomplishment am I most proud of? Aside from Brooklynn, I would say paying off a large sum of consumer debt that we stupidly amassed earlier in our marriage.
Annie asks what is the most challenging aspect so far of being a parent and what my biggest joy has been. I would say finding my voice as a parent has been a challenge. I have a hard time properly setting the tone for my expectations in advance, and then find myself merely reacting to what happens, often in a less graceful manner than I’d like. I’m a work in progress. My biggest joy thus far has been watching B’s mind grow and see her strive for and tackle new milestones. The things that come out of her mouth, evidence of the concepts she has learned, never cease to amaze me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love how you told John you were preggers!! How cute! Thanks for sharing : )!
Great post and great answers! Can't wait to see you in a couple of days. xoxo
Re-reading your five favorite posts had me in tears. Great job, and congrats on 500 posts!
Post a Comment