I decided to call out AF as I was being taunted with cramps (like she was going to show earlier than expected) and yet had some interesting symptoms on Saturday night. This morning I peed in a cup and dipped an equate test in and looked at it 8 minutes later and there was a light + sign showing. After that I opened and dipped 4 more tests - each a different brand. All were positive, but some were barely there and others fairly clear. The digital test saying "pregnant" sealed the deal for me.
I'm pregnant! It hardly seems real. I'm in shock. So I had to hit rock bottom and make a plea for expert help before getting knocked up. I'm not even 4 weeks yet, so it's very early, but I'm thrilled to have passed this first milestone. I could not have made it this far alive without the support of my dearest friends. You ladies are amazing.
I did all of this testing with John-boy still sleeping. I have had these magnets with words on them for years. I actually had the words to spell "We're having a baby!" I placed them on the freezer door and waited.
John got up. He came out and walked into the kitchen but didn't notice it. I asked him to get me a drink. He poured me a glass of lemonade and started back towards me with it. I asked him to put ice in it. He was like - "you don't like ice in your drinks when they're cold." I told him I just felt like some today. He went back and added the ice. He still didn't notice. I tell him "Honey look at the freezer." He opens it and looks inside. "Yeah, so...." he says. I say "No - look on the outside." He read it, rubbed his eyes, read again and said "Are you pregnant?" I held out the digital test and said "The stick says we are." He cried. We hugged. It was great.
We gave our parents the special silver plated candy dispensers with our special M&M's in them. Half the candies were blue and half were pink. Half said "Coming Soon" and half said "Baby Saul." They are all thrilled. Many tears were shed and many hugs shared.
We also told our closest friends. They were all so happy for us. I feel really blessed. I think of their screams of joy and it brings a smile to my face. Girls, I love you.
Please keep us in your prayers. Sticky vibes much appreciated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OMG, Krista!!!! Congratulations new little Mom To Be!!! I will be stalking your blog to see how things go with you... you NEED to list symptoms, honey bunny!!! Congrats and Happy and Healthy Nine Months!! I'm over the moon happy for you!!!
Thanks Wendy! I hope to hear the same from you this week!
Post a Comment