Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Yes I'm still testing....

First of all, I just love to see the positive result. Secondly, John likes to watch it work while I'm in the shower. I know the darkness of the test line is not supposed to be relfective of hCG numbers going up, but the slightly darker line we've been getting each morning is a bit reassuring I must say. John was reading the results this morning and he said "This is the best one yet!"

I am 4 weeks 1 day today (4w1d). I hope my doctor takes my chart's word, because dating my pregnancy from my LMP (last menstrual period) will be off by about 10 days because I didn't ovulate until cd25. My first appointment will be when I am 6w3d on April 28. I am going to ask about getting an ultrasound then or the next week or so afterwards, to date the pregnancy since I know the LMP dating method that most doctors use will be wrong for me.

Symptoms today? Some smells are bothersome. They just seem overly strong. I'm very thirsty. My lips are dry/chapped. I'm using lip balm like every hour. I'm tired and a bit emotional. I'm still having a bit of cramping here and there throughout the day - no spotting though.

I'm really anxious to hear the test results for a few WebMD girls who will be testing this week. I'm hoping and praying with all my heart that they get a BFP (big fat positive).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm lovin' the temps on your chart and really lovin' the + marked for each day! ;)

I'm sure that your doc will listen to you...you have the knowledge of a first year med student! Your O is clear on your chart...you just convince him just how right that you are about your EDD!

((((hugs))))

Anonymous said...

OMG Krista!! I hope you remember me,I have always enjoyed "hearing" from u since going on TTC 6months. I haven't been able to be on much lately due to work issues but I was elated to see your BFP!! Congrats to you and DH and I wish you all the best:) Take care and H&H 9months!!

Emily

Anonymous said...

Thanks Cheryl and Emily!

I'm wishing you girls the best!

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so happy for you Krista!!! You keep testing as long as you want!! I'm sure seeing those 2 lines feels so wonderful!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Krista-- just happened to be looking at some charts, so I stopped by for the first time. I hope you see this, since, as usual, I'm a little late to the party. My EDD was adjusted by chart (and confirmed by ultrasound) by 6 days the 1st pg and 7 days the 2nd.

Same thing, late O and I was charting. FYI, DD was born the day after EDD and DS 8 days early (which actually put him 1 day before original EDD-- but he was 9lb 12oz, so I think the adjustment was still right-- LOL!!!).

Also, I must have taken at least 20 pg tests with each kid (built myself a white picket pee stick fence!)-- you're sooooo normal!

Congrats again!!!

Anonymous said...

Mel and "Grandma" Krista (you're so funny), Thank you so much. I hope good things come to you both very soon. Thanks so much for all the support and questions over the last 10 months.