This Saturday I'm going to do something I've never done before. I'm going to leave my Busy B for more than 24 hours. I leave for Las Vegas on Saturday and won't return home until Thursday. She's been spending the night at my parent's house about once a month for over a year now, so she is used to being without me for a day. We haven't been apart for longer than that though. Heck, John and I have only been separated for that long a handful of times in our 11 years of marriage.
I'll be going to a conference with my boss. We'll be working the conference and I'll be getting much of my CPE needed for this year at the same time. I'm both nervous and excited to get away by myself. I know I will miss them. I know I will enjoy sleeping in a quiet room in a bed all to myself. I know I will be very busy while there and very tired when I get home. I'm hoping to find at least a little bit of time to see the city that I've never been to before. What to pack? What to wear? Wishing I could get my hair cut first...sigh.
I'm also hoping that Busy B's new grasp of the whole peeing in the potty thing doesn't end with me being gone. She has been using the potty except for naps for almost a week now I think. She has done SO well! Something just made her want to do it - she made the step and embraced her big girl panties. My baby girl is growing up. I don't want that to stop, but I don't want to come back home and find no signs of her babyhood either. I'm holding on and letting go at the same time it seems.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment