We have traveled very little since B was born. At around 8 months old she went with us to help our dear friends move from Nashville to Louisville. When she was around 18 months old she went to VA with me and my parents for my cousin's graduation. Then she rode with me for that long day trip to IN back late in the summer. That's been it. This past weekend we had our first family mini-vacation. We went to Gatlinburg and stayed in cabin with our friends (the ones we helped move) at their invitation.
While I was less than thrilled at the prospect of Gatlinburg, and all of that time in the car, we had a lovely time. It was nice to be with our friends and enjoy some time together. There were no naps and we stayed up late, but the kids did very well and we had a great time. It was a weekend filled with fun and relaxing with our friends. I have missed that and it was so refreshing.
On the trip down (6pm to near midnight), B only slept 2 hours out of about 6 hours on the road. It wasn't terribly pleasant, but it could have been much, much worse. She only got about 8 or 9 hours of sleep each day, but she wasn't overly cranky. We hit a few little tantrums, but all were pretty mild and over quickly. On the trip back, she was so good. She again slept about 2 hours, but was easily entertained in the daylight hours for the rest of the trip. We only made two quick stops.
Potty training went okay. While out and about, I kept her in pull-ups and she peed in them - no surprise there. While in the cabin, I kept her in undies and she kept them dry. I thought that was great, for being away from home and being around bigger kids.
All in all, things went so well that I'm already thinking we should do this a bit more often. Next time, maybe I won't dread hearing "Road Trip!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment