Brooklynn has shown that she knows her colors for months now. Lately she's been using them in everyday conversation though and it kind of took my by surprise. She's very verbal, so I don't know why it surprised me, but it did. Here are a few of my favorites:
"Oh! Pink! I Love pink!" John was hanging up a green coat, so we were confused and he told her it wasn't pink. "No daddy - the hanger. It's pink!"
"Mommy where is my yellow baby?" I look at her quite puzzled and she says "You know the one with the yellow shirt on."
"Can we buy some cookies?" I reach for a tub of Cats cookies at Trader Joes. "No mommy. The green ones. Please can we get the green ones?" Joe-Joes vanilla sandwich cookies come in a green box.
"Mommy put on your black spinny dress. Let's Dance!" (Any dress has to be evaluated by B for its spinnyness - that is does it flare out when you spin around. If it doesn't spin - she doesn't want it. The one she is referring to of mine is a nightgown. This is concrete evidence that I've allowed her to watch too many reality TV shows.)
"Can we watch green elly-up?" (Do you remember the Disney classic "Pete's Dragon" from 1977? We recently got it on DVD. She looooves it. The dragon's name is Elliott, but in BG speak, that is Elly-up.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
very cute! I just can't believe some of the things that come out of our kiddos mouths. They are truly much, much smarter than we think sometimes :)
Post a Comment