Writing my 500th had me reading through some of my old posts. I realized that I'm now one week away from being off the pill for five years. It seems insane that it has been five years, and yet it also feels like an eternity at times.
60 months total
-12 where we were sort of preventing
- 9 where we were pregnant
-13 where I wasn't cycling (thanks to nursing)
=26 TTC months total (10 with B and 16 so far now - but with B was only 7 cycles)
I have 33 cycles logged onto fertility friend. I know there are many women who have many, many more than that. I know there are women who have logged umpteen miles on the TTC Track. Some with successes behind them pushing them on, and some with only sheer determination under their belts. My story is but a drop in the bucket.
Today one of the fertile four's babies turns three - Jenna is three. Busy B will soon follow. Tomorrow my DH wants to pack up all of the baby stuff and put it in a rented storage space. The car seat, the bases, the bouncy seat, the highchair, the exersaucers, the baby toys, the changing pad, the totes and totes of pink clothes. It makes me wonder if I'll ever get to use these items again. Have I already seen all of the firsts and lasts of babyhood that I'll ever see? It is uncertain. What is not, is that I'm not ready for this part of my life to end. I'm not ready.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
(((hugs))) I hope you get to use them again.
Hugs, Krista. I hope things work out for you. I am in limbo-land right now also not because of fertility reasons but just because my DH does not want any more children. And I'm not sure I even want any more either - but I hate thinking that this part of my life is over.
I know it's not exactly Q & A time and I apologize if this question is too personal but do you think you will seek any medical intervention to get pregnant?
Post a Comment