B slept a straight 9 hours without waking to nurse. NINE hours! For those of you with good sleepers, this may seem trivial. For those with energizer bunnies who sleep little like mine, and are avid nursing toddlers to boot, this is a monumentous occaision. I think 6 hours has been her max before now. If this would be a trend, I'd gladly welcome it.
Busy B has been jabbering away and using two word phrases quite a bit, including:
Love you.
Where go? (As in "Where did it go?")
Here go. (As in "Here you go.")
Go bye.
and her standard question "Whassat?"
She also is into labeling things. She'll either name the item or say who's it is, but most things are "Daddy's" even if they aren't. She can identify her nose, toes, teeth, mouth, ears, fingers, feet, hands, belly button and her head. She is questioning her female parts and has become interested in what I'm doing when I go to the bathroom. I'm not holding my breath that it will be anytime soon, but when she starts telling me she has peed, we'll begin potty training.
Busy B is also quite good at telling us what sounds things make. She can make the sounds for: dog, kitty, duck, chicken, frog, cow, rooster (my favorite - it is so cute), bee, lawn mower, and motorcycle. She has also begun identifying buses and trucks when we are in the car. I was amazed to hear her say "Bus" and then go "Shhh, shhh, shhh" from the song "wheels on the bus." Toddlers learn so fast!
As I've mentioned before, B is a challenging child. She throws things, she hits, she pulls, she pinches, she has begun to test biting within the last week as well. She is normally rather good-natured, but when her tantrums fly, watch out! She goes from 0 to 60 in a nanosecond. Passionate does not begin to describe her. I've been reading up as I can on toddler raising and hope I can learn how to parent her and not screw her up.
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment