Sorry folks. Unfortunately, my life, which is the subject of this blog, ironically gets in the way of blogging. So in the words (or at least close to it) of a famous revenge-seeker from the newer classic The Princess Bride - Let me 'splain....There is not time to explain. Let me sum up.
John's shift sucks. It has completely thrown my life into a messy jumble where I'm missing my hubby.
Dental works sucks and costs WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much.
My SIL sucks. She is spiraling down again. Who knows how long I'll be able to see the kids before that stops. I did at least tell my brother that if it happens again, I'm done. I won't stand by waiting for them to be back in my life for months and years at a time only to have them whisked away again at their mother's whim.
Working 36 hours in 4 days is harder than I thought it would be. Perhaps due in large part to my next point.
Brooklynn is a terrible sleeper these days. She has been up late and will not go to sleep, no matter what time or technique I use to get her down. Those pesky teeth are being a real pain I guess. Her 4 molars are all in, and the canines are now poking through the gum. Hence, no working in the evenings from home has been happening, or blogging for that matter.
My annual review was yesterday. It was going okay, but I believe I'm worth more than they offered me. I stated my case, made some good points to support it and I negotiated a 10% raise and a bonus that is just 20% less than when I working the all the mandatory overtime, PLUS an additional amount to make up for last year when they cut my bonus by 30% and I was hopping mad about it. The bosses made it a point to say that I was valuable to the firm and that they did not want me to feel otherwise, and that my reduce hours were fine with them as long as I communicate with them what those hours will be each year. I'm completly proud of myself and so glad I didn't chicken out.
What else...Oh my in-laws van. As they pulled into their driveway yesterday, the wheel folded under the car - and B in the van with them. I guess the axel had broken. Thankfully, my dear friend Annette's brother is doing us a favor and fixing it and hopefully it will only cost $400. I was about to die thinking of trying to buy them a vehicle. For now they are driving my VUE. I'm back in the Jeep and John went and got his Dad's old truck from his brother who has been mooching the use of it for the last EIGHT years.
Okay that's enough update for now.
Nancy if you are reading this, I'm so thrilled that you heard the HB!
Friday, June 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yes! I'm reading this! But you just posted so much I have to catch up. I was about to give up on you. i'll be back shortly.
Post a Comment