Thursday, May 22, 2008

I left without saying Goodbye

John kept B at home with him this morning - for the first time since his shift change.

I nursed her briefly at about 5:30am. She went right back to sleep. At 6:00 when I got up she was still sleeping peacefully. I turned the baby monitor on and got ready to go. I loaded the dishwasher and got it going. I started a load of laundry. I let the dogs out and fed them. I was ready to go at 6:45 and she was still sleeping soundly from the noise on the monitor. Not wanting to risk waking her up - and cutting John's sleep even shorter than it need be - I left without saying goodbye or giving her a kiss. That makes me sad. I hope he calls when they get up so I can talk to my Busy B for a minute.

She really misses him, so I'm glad he'll spend the morning with her today. She walks around at night calling "Daddy!" and if a door is closed you have to open it and show her that he's not in there.

No comments: