Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Okay so

It went well. I'll post more later, but here are the highlights:

Great benefits

Same vacation length as I now have, but there is set "personal time." If you leave for doctor appointments or personal errands and come back, you are not docked for it as long as you show a good work ethic and get your job done. They don't formally track this (though I think that should be done).

Management role - I'd have management responsiblity over everyone besides the owners concerning what they provide to me. If they don't give me what I need, I have the authority to do something about it.

Title. I'd be CFO and part of the executive team for this business.

Hours - they want it to be 40 hours - not less. (bummer)

Pay - at first they offered something too low. If they come back with the number I said I'd need to make the switch worth it, it would be a 16% raise on the hour. Of course I'd be working about 120 more hours per year than I do now, but still about 145 hours less than I used to before B was born.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It sounds like a great job, but with lots more responsibility.
Would the 40 hours per week be so bad? Wasn't she willing to let you have a flexible schedule (like working off-hours, working from home, etc.)? If so, I don't think the 40 hours would be that bad.

Hopefully they come back with a decent salary to offer you. GL :)