The two jobs are signed off on, and the reports are in the mail. I'm past that hurdle. I called her and let her know they were in the mail and she said she'd get together with the current manager and discuss when the three of us could meet for lunch soon. She said she'd call me Monday.
Breathe deep. Think clearly. Try and be objective. I know she wants to hire me. I know I'm interested. The goal is to see if I'm really comfortable in this move, and if so, to negotiate compensation, work schedules and benefits.
She seems to think it won't be a problem, that we'll reach an agreement. Surely she would know I will need to make more money than I'm currently making to generate a change in employement in this economy. With the kind of clients she has, she must have an idea of what I might make now. Also, she'll know that if I take the job I'll have immediate knowledge of what they are paying everyone, since payroll will fall under my management. She won't be able to try and get me for less than what she is currently paying without offending me and she has to know that.
I can speculate all I want, and you know I will, because that is just me, but I won't know anything for sure until we sit at the table and talk, now that I have no jobs in anyway associated with anyone there.
By the way, if any readers are facebook people, please be careful not to mention anything related to this. My officemate is a facebooker. Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment