Monday, March 23, 2009

Any Advice?

I have a lunch meeting tomorrow with my possibly future employer. I have had business contact with her for 5 or 6 years now, so its not like we know nothing about eachother. We both have a reasonable expectation that we would be able to work well together.

What we do need to do is negotiate some particulars and see if we can make a fit - salary, paid time off, working schedule. These are the things we need to talk about. I haven't had much experience with that. When I began working here, I was nearing graduation and took what was offered without a question. I have only asked for things three times during my annual review - once to be moved to salary, once to go back to hourly (when I was expecting and knew my hours would drop below salaried minimum hours) and once to get a larger raise, which I believed I deserved.

Any good tips or advice for me? I'm getting nervous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never been too good at negotiating...so I won't be much help. Just wanted to wish you luck tomorrow and I think by the sounds of it, she knows where you are at and will make whatever you want work (within reason).

Let me know how it goes!