My mom has a great sense of direction. She never gets lost. She can always find where she's going. I am thankful I have inheirited that trait. I'm pretty good at finding my way around - when I pay attention.
Last Sunday we helped my BIL move. When we were all packed up and ready to take the short drive to the new house, it was decided that I would stop at Kroger and pick up some disposable bowls and spoons for Chili that John had brought along in our crockpot. Then I was supposed to take our niece Jenny to work and drop her off. After I did both of those things and began to pull out of the parking lot, it dawned on me. I didn't know where the new house was. I drove down the street a bit, fishing in my bag for my cell phone - and praying it was there, as I might have left it on the charger at home. Relief flooded over me as I located the phone. I called, and called and called. I got no one to answer their phones. I knew my BIL - cool guy that he is - had on his bluetooth headset, but alas I only had his wife's cell number in my phone.
So what to do? I had been by the house one time, coming from the opposite direction on a quick drive-by. I had not been the one driving though, and wasn't really paying attention. Note, I said I was good at finding my way around - when I pay attention. I drove to the ballpark where I had been before driving by the house with John. And after just a few minutes and a few missteps, I found my way to the house with the big yellow rental truck in the driveway.
I found it, but that didn't mean I wasn't annoyed at those who didn't answer their phones and at the fact that some chili had spilled out of the crock-pot when I took a turn a little faster than the crock-pot would have liked. I made John clean that up. At least I was in his Jeep and not my VUE.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
good job! I totally have that sense of direction too. My husband? Not so much.
Post a Comment