Okay so maybe I didn't solve the energy crisis, and maybe I ought not bake when cutting calories (you think?;) ). However last night when we arrived home the house was chilly at about 65. I won't turn on the heat until its actually cold and stays cold. I just refuse. Honestly its is more about having fresh air and saving money than conserving energy for me. So I thought, what can I do to warm this place up a bit? Like a spotlight, my eyes went to the box of Trader Joes Dark Choclate Truffle Brownie mix on the shelf.
I know I said I was watching calories. I am. I watched every one of those delicious calories mix up in the bowl and bake in the oven and then some of them jumped in my mouth before I could do a darn thing about it. I was powerless to stop it. I also said we were trying to use up things on the shelves and in the freezer. The box of Brownie mix has been sitting idly by for at least 5 months. Oh and the two eggs it needed - well my eggs expire today. The stick of butter - yes a whole stick - well that expires in just two weeks. So you see my friends, it was my duty to make these brownies.
The warm oven and the delectable, intoxicating smell of dark chocolate warmed up my little brick house to a comfortable 70 degrees. All was right in my world (except my calorie consumption). I had avoided turning on the heat and used perishable resources already paid for that needed to be consumed. I mixed them by hand, so surely that burned a few calories, right?
Does that make me a "green mom"?
Friday, October 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment