Today is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness day. I appreciate Nancy for reminding me with her blog post. I was trying to remember today and next week - Infertility Awareness week and post something. So right now I'm preparing to light the candle in my window. If you'd like to participate, you can light a candle too, at 7pm your time and let the light burn for an hour.
I'm lighting my candle tonight in memory of my sister, Lori Diane who was born before her time, and lived 3 short hours before her lungs gave up. Today, with all the improvements she probably would have made it. I honor my parents who suffered this devastating loss. I hope Lori knows our lives have always been missing something because of her absence.
I'm offering this light for my best friend who faced a miscarriage last month. I love you, Kris.
This light is also for all the TTC sisters from WebMD who suffered losses. You all know who you are. You are in my thoughts tonight.
While pregnancy and infant loss happens far more than most people know, that statistic does not make it any easier for those families who face that grief. Thankfully, we as a society are much more open about these sad events, and hopefully today, women don't suffer through their turmoil alone.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment