You know, the days where everything starts out on the wrong foot and keeps going downhill from there. Yeah. One of those days.
John had to get up early for testing at the hospital - all went well with that. B stirred and would not settle back to sleep when it was time for me to get up and get ready. That threw my morning routine out of whack. I know I don't really seem like the scheduled type, and I'm not, most of the time. However there are some things that just need to be routine in my life. Workday mornings are such things. I need to follow my set pattern, in peace and quiet until I've been up at least 30 minutes. When it doesn't go that way, I get cranky. So basically, I'm like a toddler.
My day at work was unproductive and I was highly unmotivated. Then I just felt guilty for being unproductive and unmotivated. Then I had a depressing meeting. I'm set to take a board member seat and officer position and my heart totally sinks everytime I think about. There is no one else though. I do believe in the cause, but finances are a bear and I will be working with a lot of variables and different people types. I feel it might not go well, but I don't want to be pessimistic.
So bad day that it was, and the later hour of arriving home with hungry toddler in tow, the drive through beckoned to me. I answered the call. Then I felt bad for serving my kid nuggets and fries with a side of fruit thrown in just to reduce my guilt-level. As we finished our "meal" she wanted to watch "Frosty the Snowman" while she jumped on the trampoline. She really just likes the frosty song, and she likes the movie version the best. I have the show on DVD and its only 20 minutes long, so I comply and put it in.
No sooner had I turned on the show, then I hear noise from behind. I turn to see my dog - my 11 pound, 8 year-old Gwennie - standing on the kitchen table eating B's fries. I about died. She got on the table once before, like six years ago, and we had a shorter table then. I never dreamed she could still make it up there. I got her down, gave her a stern talking to and removed the food. Twenty minutes later, she's back up there for a drink of milk. Five minutes later, when B was in the tub, one of them pooped in the living room. That like never happens. It was an evening of bad surprises from my beloved, aging pets. Maybe they were pissed at me for being locked up longer than normal today.
The only redeeming factor for the day was that B went to sleep in just over an hour. While there is no fussing, it can take her up to 2+ hours to fall asleep, and she wants you there. The closer she gets to 10pm, the more likely it is that I'll be in dreamland about the same time she is. Which means I get nothing done around here, and have no "me time" on top of that. Upside, I get more sleep. It's not all bad I suppose, but it can be frustrating. I did laundry. Watched the rest of American Idol. Then watched a show online for the first time ever - last week's Grey's which I missed due to the return of the DVR.
Time to turn in. I hope tomorrow brings a better day. I plan on starting it with a better attitude.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment