No way! My office is closed due the weather. That has only happened once before that I can remember, and I think that time, we were told to take work home. Now, I did bring work home last night, because I knew if it was really bad, I wasn't going to risk Brooklynn's health/life to go out in it. So I can work some, if she takes a decent nap or plays with John.
John has a lot of school work to do today though, so I might end up taking B to my mom's later today, once the snow stops and plows have had a chance to clear off what keeps coming down. There is a layer of ice in the middle of the snow from the sleet that was coming down last night and early this morning. I know that would be the bad stuff on the roads that don't get plowed at all - such as my mom's sidestreet and court. My road gets plowed usually, as school buses use our street.
It looks like about 8 inches outside. Maybe as low as 6 - hard to tell and I'm not going out in it right now. I'm cuddled on the couch with 2 of the dogs. Gwennie - the other dog - is laying on the heat register as she often does. John and B are still asleep. It's kind of nice to start out my day as a quiet morning alone without the rush to get to work.
I did have a chat with my office-mate yesterday. I just asked her if I could give her some advice, as Amy had shared information with me about the firm when I was pregnant, so I was going to pass this information on to her while she was thinking about having another baby. She seemed receptive to it and said it was good information to know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment