Friday, January 16, 2009

Frigid

When I woke up this morning, the news said it was -13 degrees f. That was the real temp, not the windchill factor temperature. Currently it is -8 with a windchill factor of -25. Needless to say, it is FREEZING.

The record low for today is -17, and was set in the year of my birth - 1977. As I was scanning down the record lows for January, I saw that it was -25 in 1994 on the 19th. I should remember that. I don't recall it though. I was a sophomore in high school. I didn't have my license yet....Nope. Can't conjure up any memories of that.

I blew bubbles outside and they froze. It was cool. When they popped, it was like a piece of gossamer film floating in the air. It was suggested on a blog I read to try it. You know how I love science projects.

My mom's school is closed today. She and my dad are watching B, so I don't have to drive as much today. With this weather, and it being a Friday, that makes me really happy. I don't really know why it brings me joy, as since having a toddler and a DH on second shifts, I don't actually do anything on Friday nights. I've tried to talk a few friends into scheduling play dates on some Friday evenings, but rarely do I get much interest. Apparently I'm the only one with nothing to do, or I'm the only one that would like to take their toddler out on a Friday night. Not sure which.


Keep Warm!

1 comment:

nancy said...

I totally have to do the bubble thing!

stay warm!