Saturday, November 29, 2008

Week in Review

My days off work are almost at an end. I'm so sad about that. It went by way too fast, probably even faster because of the family holiday commitments that took up several days.

Thanksgiving went okay. John has decided we will not be going to his Aunt's house anymore. It is too uncomfortable for all of us, and we (and his brother's family) are going to buck the longstanding family tradition and start our own. As far as time with my family, it was tolerable. SIL had a migraine and took darvaset (sp?) and camped out on the couch for much of the evening. I played with the kids as much as possible and B took a bath with my youngest niece before we headed home shortly before 9pm.

Friday we dropped B off to play with her cousins and my parents while we ran a few errands (and so had my brother and SIL). We went to dinner with my BIL's family and got to meet his wife's sister and her twins who are 3 1/2. That was fun. Robyn and her sister Lexi have a crazy step-monster, so they have something in common with me. We kept waiting for their dad to show up, but he never did, which was sad for the twins.

Saturday we went to breakfast at McD's and let B play in the playplace. Then my mom called and said SIL had left, so B and I went over there and played for a few hours. Then we went to BIL's where John was going to fry a turkey and we'd have our close-knit family thanksgiving for his side. That was nice. B skipped a nap though, which ended up working out in my favor. She fell asleep in the car about 7:30pm on our way home and I was able to move her to bed and she is still asleep now.

With weaning, putting her down for a nap and to bed has taken at least 1 1/2 hours most times. She just won't settle down. No tantrums, just very unwilling to let sleep overcome her. The last time we nursed is still Sunday morning. I have not caved. She still asks for "milkies" but I explain they have boo-boos and she can't drink. I hope things get easier as time goes by, because I don't have 2 hours to spend each night getting her to sleep. I may have to resort to completely emptying her drawers she can reach and putting her in her room to CIO if things aren't better by year's end. I'd hate to do that. It's not my style.

Hope you all had an enjoyable holiday!

No comments: