I am a planner, but I also tend to procrastinate - particularly with tasks I don't like. Human nature it seems. Remember back to how I kept telling B not to be born just yet because I was trying to finish things at work? One of those things I was trying to finish was my Continuing Professional Education requirement. I didn't get it done, and now I am playing catch up and paying the price.
CPA's have to complete 120 hours of CPE in each 3 year period (so ideally, that would be 40 hours per year) covering a variety of topics related to their practice areas. I have to report as of 12/31/08. Since I didn't get it done in 2006 and didn't catch it up in 2007, now I find myself with 80 hours to complete this year. Of course I waited until now to do anything about it. Yikes! This week, thus far, I have knocked out 28 hours. Only 52 more to go! Ugh.
Back to my CPE.
Friday, November 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment