I nursed Busy B at naptime on Sunday, as we had a time constraint, and I needed her to get to sleep fast. That was the last time. My boobs are so heavy. I even took sudafed to encourage reduction of my supply. So far things are going okay. It just takes over an hour, and sometimes two hours to get her to sleep without those milkies she loves so much.
I had a little scrape on each nipple from her vigorous nursing during the days she was getting over the stomach flu. I just told her on Sunday night that the milkies had boo-boos and let her help me put some Lansinoh on them. Then I told her no nursing because the milkies had medicine on them and needed to get better. She seemed to accept it, but every so often she'd pat them and say "Drink?"
It has not been easy. It has been mostly just time consuming though, more than full of tantrums. I've been putting her to bed myself, because John seems unwilling to do it by himself. He's been in the room, but I've been doing pretty much all of the work.
We had pictures taken today, and hopefully I'll be able to post some later tonight or tomorrow. I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My goodness I have 4 boobs now. They are HUGE! 3 nights down and 2 naptimes (in-laws did monday's nap) down with no Milkies!
Post a Comment