Yesterday evening John and I were at my parents house to get our Jeep back since we had borrowed their truck. I'm standing there talking to my dad and he's telling me about his weekend.....Oh I guess I need to back up and explain somethings first.
My dad has been seeing the kids some again - mostly at the YMCA. Well his friend gave him 2 tickets to the Notre Dame/Purdue game over the weekend. He actually asked my brother to go with him (my brother is a big notre dame fan). My dad rode with their whole family to Indiana. (Crazy and the kids stay at her parent's house and visit during the game). I cannot believe he got into a car with them and subjected himself to being locked into a ride that long with no way out. I just cannot understand that logic after all that has happened.
Anywho, back to the point of this entry. So he's telling me about crazy's parent's dogs after showing me all this notre dame crap. All I can think about is him spending time with the kids and how my youngest niece's 1st birthday is 10 days away and I won't get to share in it. I feel myself starting to lose it. I tell my dad "No offense, but I don't really want to hear anything about the so-and-so family right now. It's just too hard with 2 of the girls birthdays being this month and I still can't see them at all." I had to get out of there. I hugged my parents and said I had to go and made a quick exit.
I got into the car and completely bawled. I knew the day was coming when I'd have to face the decision of what to do for the girls' birthdays and knowing I'll be the only one not invited to their parties. I guess it just really hit me that October was here and the time had come. I am so not used to crying so much. This is so not like me. I normally get mad more than I get weepy. Has becoming a mom changed that forever, or is this just from being pregnant?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
welcome to weepi-hood. It's a permanent change.
I can't watch any program that has anything to do with children anymore without crying. And I'm a total punk rock girl.
Post a Comment