Tuesday, October 17, 2006

31 weeks and Doctor appointment update

I'm 31 weeks today. Time is seriously flying. This baby could actually be born in 6 weeks and be considered full term. I hope she sticks in there for 8 weeks or so though, so I can get all this stuff done. It's not about what I want though, it's about what is best for Brooklynn, whatever that may mean.

John and I went to another OB appointment today. Things look to be going well. My blood pressure was 118/80. Brooklynn's heart sounded great and we heard some hiccups in there too. As for weight, the official status per the doctor's scale is still 1 pound less than my pre-pregnancy weight. My uterus measured dead on for 31 weeks at 31cm though. I asked my doc if the lack of gain was of concern to her, and she said that since I'm consistently measuring right on track and I'm eating well and looking well, she isn't really concerned about it. Her thought was that since I started this pregnancy towards the higher end of my weight range (the 30 pounds I tend to fluctuate between), that maybe I won't really gain much at all. I read that to be her nice way of saying that I had I been thinner, she would be more likely to worry about the weight issue.

My next appointment will be November 1 and we'll go every 2 weeks until the week after Thanksgiving, when we start weekly appointments. I'll be seeing a male OB for the first time ever next appointment. My doc was not available any time that week, so I had to pick another in the practice. I could have picked another female, but I have a friend who sees this guy and he delivered one of my nieces, so I picked him. I hear I'll like him.

As for Crazy, well I did get an invitation to the combined birthday party. [Via the USPS.] I cannot believe she planned a combined a 1st birthday with a 7th birthday. That hardly seems fair to the 7 year old that people will be gushing over the baby's first birthday at her party. I don't really know what to do about the invite. I'm afraid to be able to see the kids and talk to them if that privilege just gets revoked the minute the party is over. I just can't handle more of that kind of emotional upheaval. I also don't want the kids to be used as a pawn in all of this, which to some extent they already have been. Another thing that I don't think is right is to let them act like everything is hunky-dory in front of the entire family, when it is not. I'm leaning towards just sending gifts and cards to each of the girls with another family member and not being home all day. Then they can tell everyone they invited me, and it will just look like we already had plans. I mean the invitation just came yesterday, and the party is Saturday....

No comments: