Don't get me wrong, I love my husband dearly. He is the one for me and I don't doubt it....however, this week the man has been driving me crazy. He's been irritable and even sloppier than normal. Add that to my present emotional state and it's a terrible combination.
How is it that men seem to think they pick up after themselves, when in reality, they don't do it as much as they believe they do? I've been asking him to at least keep his shoes and laundry picked up off the floor because bending over to pick them up is getting harder and it only adds to the intensity of the acid reflux. He thinks he's been doing a good job of this....but I've still been going around and doing it each night and this morning I wake to find 4 pairs of pants/shorts on the floor, 2 shirts and 2 pairs of shoes. There would be socks as well, but I picked those up yesterday morning and put them in the wash. He left gum in the pocket of one pair of pants, and the dogs have shredded the paper and foil wrappers all over the place. Yet, he still thinks he's doing pretty good with this task.
My DH has also been telling me that I'm just the same as some of the pregnant women I've known who did nothing but complain the entire time. This is not true, and he admitted as much this morning - he's just been doing it to push my buttons. I have definitely had some complaints, but it does not taint my entire view of pregnancy and when most people ask me how I feel, I tell them I'm doing pretty well. There are a few people who know how bad my acid reflux has been, and it's getting obvious that I'm getting tired more easily and moving less comfortably than before, but I don't sit there and tell everyone who will listen about it. Overall, at this point I can honestly say I've enjoyed this pregnancy. I haven't always felt great, but I'm so happy to be pregnant that I'm able to focus on that more often than not. It is all SO worth it!
Brooklynn is a miracle and feeling her move inside me reinforces that throughout the day. No matter how I feel, when she really gets moving, I can't help but stop what I'm doing, hold my belly and smile just thinking about her growing in there. It's just amazing! I won't hesitate to try just as hard (or harder if needed) to get pregnant when the time is right to add to our family again. The throwing up went away. Hopefully the acid reflux will fade, and if it doesn't there are more effective drugs that are safe after pregnancy. I don't care about the stretch marks and the other body changes just aren't that important to me. My body was never fabulous before, so maybe that helps me keep those changes in perspective.
Anyhow, today John has gone to a thing with my uncle. He left early this morning and he'll be gone all day. It was nice of him to apologize for his behavior this week before he left, even though he woke me up to do it. Now I can just do my own thing all day, though cleaning will have to be a part of it (bummer). There will be no football screams and hopefully I'll be able to relax this afternoon.
Saturday, October 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment