Monday, October 30, 2006

Big weekend....

The second (and last) baby shower was on Saturday. It was very nice. My aunts threw it for me at my parent's house. The decorations were cute and they even had a sign out front of the house that said "It's a Girl!" Most of my best friends were there, family members and very close family friends. It was so great to see everyone.

We received our travel system, convertible car seat, crib mattress, crib sheets, changing pad, changing pad cover and a lot of adorable outfits. This baby girl should be just about set for clothes for the almost the first 6 months or so! One of my friends brought me a tote full of her little girl's clothes that have been outgrown. She also brought us a back-pack carrier. I've carried her children in it in the past, and I'm glad she thought to pass it on to us now that they are getting bigger.

I've written all the thank-you's but I need to address them and mail them. I've washed most of the bedding and made the crib up. I also washed pretty much all the 0 - 3 month old clothes. Now we need to buy a few more things (including some diapers) and we'll be ready to bring her home when she is ready to make her debut.

Sunday my good friend Annette went into labor at 37 weeks. She had her baby girl at 2:24am this morning. Mom and baby are doing well. I went and visited them tonight. They named her Jenna Michele and she is beautiful. I'm so happy for them! Well on that note, I need to end this entry so I can go let their dog out for the last call of the night.

No comments: