The generosity of our family friends overwhelms me. We received so many wonderful gifts....adorable outfits, blankets, precious keepsakes, toys, bath supplies, bottles and breastmilk storage supplies, boppy, bumbo seat, bouncy seat/rocker, play mat gym, OSU mobile, diaper champ, frames and photo albums....and more. I felt like I was opening things for a long time and my bladder was SO full by the time I was done. Trish pulled my jeep around and she and Samantha loaded it all up for me. I didn't have to do a thing. How nice is that?
I actully organized everything in the room, though nothing is washed yet. I'll probably wash and prepare everything after the second shower at the end of this month. I just finished writing the last of my 34 thank you notes. I need to address them and stamp them, but each note is written. I folded up all the gift bags and put them away, and organized all the cards into a keepsake box too.
I'm so exhausted. I'm definitely going to need a nap today. In addition to the shower, I also visited with my best friend Krista and her baby Bryson before the shower. He's so adorable and Krista looks great and it's only been just over 2 weeks since he was born. After the shower I went to dinner with my mom and aunt, who had carried all the gifts into the house for me. John came home from his nephews' football games (all 3 had played Saturday) sunburnt to a crisp. I cannot believe he and my FIL sat there through 3 games and neither one decided to go get some sunscreen between games. They are fried! So I had to slather him up with aloe and do my best not to touch him while we slept last night. I didn't sleep well at all and had some bad dreams. Hopefully a nap and a better night's sleep tonight will come my way.
Here are some pictures of some of the gifts in Brooklynn's room:





2 comments:
Krista, was just peeking at your blog, it's so great that things are moving right along. Love the name you've picked for your little girl and I hope that these last weeks are easy and as stress free as possible for you!! :o) The room is coming along great! Hugs and belly pats, little mama!!
Thanks Wendy. I've been thinking of you too and glad you picked up blogging more regularly again.
Post a Comment