Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I am the most unladylike pregnant chick

I know some women say they feel very feminine and deeply intune with all that it means to be a woman when pregnant. I mean pregnancy is something only women can truly experience and it is something our bodies were designed to do. Conceiving and nourishing a new life inside your own body is definitely an amazing miracle. I'm not disputing that at all.

I don't really feel more feminine though. I've always been a curvy girl with full breasts and noticeable hips. That is nothing new for me. I actually feel more like a man - specifically like an Al Bundy or Frank Barone type. I offer the following examples why:
  • I breathe a sigh of relief when I unzip my pants.
  • I can belch like a drunken sailor at any given moment with no warning.
  • I'm so full of gas that anytime I can get some of it out, even if it means farting, I'm happy about it.
  • I look like I have a small beer gut.

Now today for the first time, I am wearing a pair of the "transitional" maternity pants designed for early pregnancy. They are a bit big in the rear and upper thighs, but they are staying up on my hips and are so comfortable. I'm wearing one of my regular shirts though. Perhaps when I am a bit rounder in the belly I will feel more like the desirable pregnant goddess you read and hear about.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh just you wait! you are just experiencing the "fat" part of pregnancy. where your internal organs are shifting and you need more room for your belly, but you still don't have that big tight belly. i swear, the tightest my belly has ever been is with pregnancy!

lmao at your al bundy references! you are too funny.

i can't believe how excited i am for you. and i'm so happy you blog all of this for me to share in. it's cool to read all these things you write and remember how i felt exactly the same! so knowing that, i know you'll feel the same later on and you have no idea how cool it's going to be. yay!

JRap said...

umm....i definitely never felt like a goddess!! ditto on the gas thing. :) Pregnancy is so grand!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Nancy for the words of encouragement.

Jenny, I really do think pregnancy IS grand. I just think its quite funny that I'm acting more like a man than ever before in my life. It's okay. I can laugh at myself about it. I am determined to embrace my inner goddess at some point in this wonderful pregnancy.