Well my appointment went well. I peed in a cup, they weighed me, took my blood pressure and we listened to the heartbeat. I'm still down 9 pounds and my BP was higher than normal (probably from the Sudafed) at 128/64. It was pretty much a normal OB appointment. I'll have the bloodwork done next time on July 17. I hope they are faster next time. I waited around forever today.
They used a different scale than normal and the nurse tells me the weight which I know is at least 20 pounds less than what I really weigh. I say "Umm that's not right, I wish it was, but its not." She weighed herself and said her own weight was right. Then she took me to the other scale and sure enough - vastly different and within a pound of my own scale at home. Maybe I broke that other scale. The doc didn't even mention my further weight loss. She must have felt bad for me since I'm sick.
The doc agreed I probably have a sinus infection. She prescribed some antibiotics for me and told me keep up the sudafed and tylenol and to go see my family doctor if that didn't help within a few days. Oh and the best part (insert nasty face here)- she said I'm highly likely to get a yeast infection from taking Augmentin while pregnant. Oh Fun. Well there are worse things I guess, like feeling as crappy as I do right now.
The really good thing about the appointment was hearing the heartbeat again and being able to record it. It sounded nice and strong, but I have no idea how fast it was since they use the old dopplers that don't tell you. Perhaps someone who is good at counting heartrates can give me a ballpark range. I suck at counting heartrates and never get it right, even on myself which is slower than with babies in utero. If anyone wants to hear it, just email me and I'll send the file your way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YAY! I love hearing hb's...they sound like little trains, just chugging along. I'm so glad you're doing so well - have I mentioned lately how proud I am of you? Send that hb my way if you want - I can't count it, but I'd love to hear it.
Thanks for listening and trying the counting Jen!
Post a Comment