Last week I was talking to one of the fertile four and she was saying how she'd have "Fat Face" when she would have to get her driver's license photo taken as she'll be into her third trimester when the time comes. The thought then occurs to me that I'll not only be in the third trimester when my 29th birthday rolls around, but I'll be 38 weeks by that point. So I look at a lot of pictures of preggos I know when they are very pregnant, and yes most of them do have noticeably fuller faces than they normally do. Not all of them do though, there are a few who's faces don't look much different.
This past weekend I went searching for pictures of my mother where she is clearly pregnant. Out of all the family albums I found just one photo of her pregnant. She was pregnant with me (I was her third and last baby) and it was about a week before she had me, so she was just past 38 weeks pregnant. Her face didn't really look fuller. Maybe I too shall escape "Fat Face." That is the good news. The bad news, while her face didn't expand, her rear did. She said it happened each time she was pregnant. Oh well.... It will be worth it, no matter where I get fatter.
Now speaking of pictures, last fall when I went through all of John's family pictures for a project I was doing, I also only found one picture of his mother undeniably pregnant. It was while she was pregnant with her first, Jimmy. Was it common for women to not have pictures taken when pregnant back then? I mean there are pictures all around that time frame of other people at family events and stuff, but I could only find one of my mother and one of his mother with a noticeable baby bump. Even if I do just look big and fat, I will have pictures of myself pregnant and I will save them and be able to show them to my children and say "There you are, right in there."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
~Krista~...
Maybe you just have two women who weren't 'too' picture happy during pregnancy? When my Mom was pregnant with me, she has lots of pictures...even some that she posed for with my Dad! That's unheard of if you knew them now! lol I cherish the one of the two of them together standing in my Grandma's LR. I know that Grandma even took the picture. My Mom was VERY pregnant in a white Summer blouse and my Dad was grinning ear to ear! They *giggle* now at the picture! Do make sure that you and John have a picture together with your sweet little miracle...I think that is one of the most precious things that I have to hold on to. Dang, I'm crying right now typing this to you! lol Must be hormones ;)
~*~hugs~*~,
Cheryl
I'd have to say that it is something from "back then". Pregnancy wasn't something to show off in pictures per my mother. When you were pregnant, you did so quietly and then you showed off the baby to everyone in the world. But the pregnancy itself wasn't something to behold (except privately of course).
Fat Face. HEH! I had fat face. I had fat nose. I had fat feet. My goodness, I get big preggo.
How's squirt these days? Are you feeling the wonderfulness that is 2nd trimester??
Thanks for sharing your thoughts ladies. My mom said she didn't intentionally avoid pictures or anything, just that she was behind the camera for many taken in those time periods.
Nancy you were a cute preggo. I love your pics and still look at them often.
Post a Comment