Tuesday, June 20, 2006

14 weeks today!

Well it's Tuesday again and another week of my pregnancy begins. I'm thrilled to have made it through the first trimester without any serious issues coming up. I'm no longer even spot checking my panties everytime I hit the ladies room, which has been a lot lately.

New symptoms include nosebleeds and bleeding gums when I brush my teeth. I'm still gassy and feel bloated much of the time, but the nausea has really let up a lot. Certain smells or sights get me, but I haven't felt queasy out of the blue in about a week. I'm in the "I feel like a big fat cow" stage. No one can tell I'm pregnant by looking at me, but my waistline has definitely thickened and is beginning to poke out. It just looks like I've eaten too many donuts with Homer though. I don't mind the body changes, but I just wish it looked more like Squirt growing than me indulging. I'm still down 8 pounds by the way.

This sinus crud that seems to be hitting everyone has now hit me. I woke up this morning with sinus pressure and a stuffy head. Sucks. I see the OB again on Thursday morning, so if I'm feeling worse, at least I'll already have a doctor's appointment set up. I just hope I can work through this. I'm trying to save my time off until Squirt is born, so I can at least get a little bit of paid leave.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on making it to the 14 week mark - yay!!!

Just wanted to comment that I had a nosebleed this morning also - very strange. I guess it's just another one of those pg symptoms.

Can't wait to join you over on 2nd tri!!

Anonymous said...

congrats!

p.s. - i want to see a picture damn it. I see you give out my website to show off my naked belly pictures. It's only fair!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Annie! Hope you and your bean are doing great.

Nancy - I'm chubby and the world does not want to see my pale pudgy belly. Maybe when it looks like I'm preggo...MAYBE.