Okay so we are in treatment. We met with the RE today. I had cd3 bloodwork drawn (only 4 sticks which is pretty good for my veins) and I had a baseline u/s. My endometrium was fine and my ovaries both looked "quiet" so we can begin the next steps.
The RE feels that while the motility of the SA was not great, the prognosis is still good overall and wants John taking CoQ10 supplements daily. He thinks I may be more of the issue here, as in reviewing the past 3 years of my cycles, he thinks they are still irregular enough to indicate some kind of issue - be it weak ovulation or maybe even insulin resistance tendencies (even if not the whole PCOS syndrome since I don't exhibit most of the symptoms). Testing may show us something. We have to wait and see.
I will begin a clomid challenge test at 100mg beginning on cd5 (Wednesday) through cd9. Friday I will have a sono hsg and I will take a preventative course of antibiotics (doxycycline) along with it. CD 10 I will have more bloodwork, including a full fasting panel that I couldn't get today. CD 12 (10/19/11) I will have another u/s. If all goes well with the clomid challenge test and sono hsg test, then once my follicle(s) are big enough, I will have a trigger shot and then we'll do an IUI, hopefully. If we are going to make this cycle work, I have to get the IUI by Saturday 10/22. That assumes we get to the IUI point of course- because I leave town for 4 days on Sunday 10/23. John is not going with me, so timed intercourse would not be an option either if my eggs are late. Cross your fingers and send some prayers that we can make this work.
I'm taking a baby asprin daily now too, per RE orders, along with the normal pre-natal vitamin of course. So that's about it. We went from nothing to being in a treatment cycle in a very fast span of time. All because today - our consult day - happened to also be cd3. Whew. I hope this falling into place is for a good reason.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment