Friday, October 21, 2011

No-Go

No IUI for me this cycle. My good follie has grown slowly, so it is just at 18mm today and not big enough to trigger, as we were looking for 20+mm. My lining was at 6.75 and they need it to be at least 5 the nurse said, so that was decent but the egg is the primary driver. BUT I've read other places that the lining should be at least 8 on cd 14, so I'm below that and will ask the RE about things to do to improve the lining next time I see him. I seem to remember some webMD girls taking supplements to help with the lining. If I weren't going to be out of town, we would have just waited, did the trigger Sunday and had an IUI on Monday. However, I will be in NC, so that won't work.

The only alternative we have for this cycle is to trigger shot tomorrow AM (which is really a day too early based on my growth pattern), hope the follie is big enough and then have timed intercourse (TI) Saturday and then again Sunday before my flight leaves at noon. If the follie is mature enough and the trigger works, I will ovulate on Sunday evening. Hopefully some swimmers will make it there in a timely fashion, be there moving, waiting and still have enough mojo to fertilize the egg. We'll do that, but my heart tells me it won't work. Instinct tells me the egg won't be mature enough. I'm just a slow grower/surger for some reason and even my charts from way back when show that.

The upshot to the disappointing visit? All of my labs on cd 10 came back good. Insulin, Cholesterol, Thyroid, E2 (122 - they wanted it above 100), FSH, AMH (3.5 - which solidifies that I'm not in diminished ovarian reserve), prolactin, all the other crap....everything came back in normal range except the testosterone wasn't back yet I don't think. Basically my labs had no information that suggested fertility issues for a 33 year old woman.

I saw the nurse today. She will confirm the above plans with the doc and I will go for a progesterone check blood draw on 10/31.

No comments: