Thursday, April 16, 2009

Resignation Day

With some schedule changes, I think it will have to wait until this afternoon to talk to my hiring partner and give him my letter. Wish me luck. Also, please send out some prayers or good thoughts for my dad - he has a job interview at 3pm today. It sounds promising thus far.

Here is my letter:

Dear Sirs:

This letter is to notify you of my resignation. My last day will be Friday, May 1, 2009. My time with the firm has been a beneficial time of growth and I appreciate all that I have learned and experienced over the last eight years here. An opportunity presented itself, and after careful consideration, I have accepted employment outside public accounting with _______ Inc.

I have high regard for the firm and will refer business to you without hesitation as opportunities arise in the future. I am grateful for your mentoring and I know this was the right place to start out my career. I have also enjoyed the relationships I have built with many of the clients I have served. If there is anything I can do to ease the transition to other staff members with those clients, I would be happy to do so at your direction.

Thank you,

1 comment:

Krista said...

Sounds perfect. Good luck and I hope they take it well!