Friday, April 03, 2009

D-Day Change?

The day I was planning on handing in my resignation letter - Friday, April 17 - the partner who hired me will be out of the office all day. Another partner - the majority owner - might not be in either by the looks of his calendar.

Thursday is the day after tax season ends. We are having a de-briefing meeting to discuss how the season went that morning. I know they will all be in. The partners will likely stay in the conference room, as they do after staff meeting each month, to have their manager's meeting. Should I try and give them my resignation letter in person while they are all in there together? Or should I leave my letter in their boxes while they are downstairs meeting?

1 comment:

Annie said...

Hmmm...that is rough. I'm not sure on the relationship you have with your partners but I've always resigned face to face and then wrote a letter after the fact, really for formality. I just always like face to face conversations better - yes, even the difficult ones like this.

Good luck!