Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The cat is out of the bag

The announcement has been made to all of the employees of the firm as of yesterday afternoon. Now they all know. We will start calling clients I work closely with today and let them know.

My coworkers were all pretty surprised. Some are giving me a hard time about leaving. Some are saying they are coming back to haunt me because of the jobs they are now going to go out on. Most really do seem to understand. My old roomie even told me she would have done the same thing - that when things like this fall into your lap, it is usually for a reason.

My hiring partner called me in before he made the announcment and asked if I was sure, or if I had changed my mind. He also said he wanted me to know that if this did not work out, if I was ever looking for work, to call them up first. I would be welcome to come back if there was an opening. That was very nice to hear.

No comments: