Thursday, May 28, 2009

Am I kidding myself?

While I've been saying we aren't trying to get pregnant right now, am I really just in denial? Am I doing all I did (which is nothing, compared to many other couples' journies) when we were TTCing the first time? No. Not even close. BDing isn't as frequent, I'm not taking my temps and I'm not using OPKs. I do keep an eye on the cd and cm status though. I don't know if it has been seeing so many pregnant women this month, or the spotting, or what, but I was quite hopeful this cycle. I even tested 3 times. Nada. This morning AF appears to be here.

I admit I'm disappointed. In light of John's job status, it is probably in our best interest not to be pregnant right now. My head knows that. My brain tells me its not really the right time with my brand new job too, and that is why I haven't put more effort into TTCing. Since I haven't used all the tools I did before, somehow I feel like I have no right to be bummed when my period shows though. My heart still has hope, as much as I tell it not to.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Too funny - I had the same experience yesterday. I was a few days late and convinced myself I was pregnant (and we are so not trying but I'm neurotic). I took a test, it was obviously negative and then got my period an hour later - LOL.
Sorry to hear about John's job - hope things happen at the right time for you all.