Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Shameful

Last night, my mood was not terribly good. John was laid off. I'm PMSing. Busy B was not being cooperative....Yada yada yada. As I was getting B ready for bed, she asked for some cereal "wif milk in it." I dished up some Rice.Krisp.ies and poured in some milk. As I went to move her chair, I knocked the bowl off the table and milk and Rice.Krisp.ies went everywhere.

I groaned. I was not in the mood to deal with this mess. I sighed with disgust and Busy B patted my arm and consoled me "It's okay Mommy. The dogs will eat it."

With the frame of mind I was in, and realizing we were out of paper towels, this actually sounded pretty good to me. (And yes, I know I can clean up with regular dishrags and I do so all the time, but the possibility of wet cereal clogging up my drain or my washer it just out of the question right now.) I have three dogs who will eat anything - or at least one of them will. Dare I?

I opened the back door and called "Dogs, are you hungry?" Twelve paws came a running and the mess was gone in under 60 seconds. I know. It's shameful really.

3 comments:

Annette said...

Too funny I would have done the same thing.

mtucker said...

Sorry to hear about the rough night and praise the Lord the layoff isn't permanent! Praying for ya sista!

Anonymous said...

When we go somewhere and the kids drop stuff on the floor, I'm amazed at how much stuff is down there. Nothing ever lasts long on our floor. Shoot, the St. Bernard will take it off your plate before it can even get to the floor!