Sunday, May 10, 2009

Swing Set Pictures

As I mentioned, we put up a swingset for Busy B in the backyard a few weekends ago. We had been looking on craigslist and such for a used wooden swingset for about the last 6 months, but hadn't had any luck. Then John's Aunt said we could take the one from her house, as only B is really the right age to use it anyways.

So for the cost of about $180, we got a basic wooden frame swingset. That was the cost of two new swings, some new hardware, gas to move it and a picnic for the family who helped us take it apart, move it and put it back together. We also bought some stain to seal it with, but I don't know how much that cost, because John bought it. That will probably be next weekend's project.

We put it dead center in the yard for a few reasons. A) It is under the big maple tree and so has shade during much of the day. B) If I stand in the kitchen by the stove, I can see it right out the back door so I can keep an eye on her while I'm cooking if need be. And last but not least - C) The dogs don't poop in that part of the yard. I do poop scoop every few days most of the year, so there is never much poop in the yard, but I do like to keep the possibility of B stepping in it to a minimum. So far, so good. I'm sure those of you who don't have dogs are very grossed out by now, so I'll move on.

Here are some pics of B enjoying her swingset.

P1030064

P1030101

P1030099

No comments: