How about some bullets to sum it all up?
New Job
* Good things
- I get tasks accomplished every day. Check. Done. I like that. I can get discouraged working on long projects which drag on for weeks on end, or starting and stopping a bunch of projects but never finishing.
- There are some challenges that I am excited about finding and implementing solutions to.
- I can "own" this job from start to finish. I can call the shots on most everything related to finance.
- I like the hours of 7 to 4. I like getting home earlier and feeling less rushed to cook dinner. I actually made dinner each night this week, until tonight.
- I lost weight this week. YAY!
* Bad things
- I totally miss my friends. Some of the new co-workers are kind of strange. Nice, but strange.
- I have a lot of things to overcome, as far as people doing things incorrectly or half-way.
- I have a boss who was out of town all week, so we only corresponded by email, and I found the guy who was leaving already taught me to do some things that boss lady doesn't like. (Such as I set payroll to run on the 15th, which that guy led me to believe was the day, when in reality it should have been run for the 18th.)
* We also had some major goings on for John's job. We have been thinking he could be laid off at anytime for months really, but certain points are scarier when the lay-offs start. This week was a bad one for lay-offs. John was not laid off or terminated, but he and the others who were not laid off, were given 5% pay cuts. Of the 3 supervisors on second in his area, he was the only one not laid off. So he has essentially triple the responsibility and 5% less pay. We are grateful he still has a job. We know it could be much, much worse, but this is going to be hard on him.
* John was suggested for a position with a large nation-wide company by another co-worker. He had a phone interview today, and they are supposed to call next week to set an in-person interview. John would feel bad if he left when he was one not cut, but this might be a great opportunity for him. He knows he would need to consider it, as it would be getting out of the very unstable auto industry. He wants to do what is best for our family, and his career.
* The thought of the two of us having new jobs at the same time freaks me out. I can get very unnerved by big changes in our lives. I don't oppose change exactly, I just prefer to take it on in bite-sized chunks.
* I miss my blogs. I've only been able to read a few posts this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment