Within the past few weeks B has broken two of my 3 pairs of sunglasses. The first pair to go were my favorite. They were Polo, but that was not why I loved them so. I just loved the shape and the fit on my face. I also loved that they had no nose-guards to get stuck in my fine hair when popped atop my head. I bought them at Marshalls for like $12 which is as much as I ever spend on sunglasses.
The second pair to go were my standby pair from the gap outlet center. Plain little "tortise shell" plastic ones. I think I paid $2 for them. There was no real love lost with these, but that leaves me down to just one pair.
So now my only pair are a pair of Steve Madden aviators. (I found them, didn't buy them.) While some people can pull off this look that was quite in vogue not too long ago, I cannot. I just look nerdy. The nose guards get stuck in my hair, which is a pain, figuratively and physically. So while I have a windfall that would thrill some fashionistas, I'm just wearing them because I'm too cheap to go buy another pair.
PS speaking of Vogue. I just happened to be looking through the August issue and the first 44 pages are entirely advertisements for clothes and accessories which added together would probably cost more than my house. Who actually pays that much for stuff? Who really reads Vogue to go out and buy things inside? There was also a whole article on armpit flab. Seriously, I have much more serious body concerns than a flabby piece of skin in my armpit. I guess I'd rather be financially stable and dressed in simple wardrobe staples than be a fashionista. Someone please nominate me for "What not to Wear" ;) .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ooh me too. let's nominate each other. maybe we can be on a BFF episode!
Post a Comment