Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Should I Stay or Should I Go?

Okay readers, I am taking a poll. My family has been invited - via way of my mother - to go to Indiana for my nieces second birthday party. It is a 3.5 - 4 hour drive. My parents will be staying overnight there in a motel.

If John goes (I haven't been able to ask him yet if he wants to) we would drive separate as none of us have a vehicle big enough for all of us to ride comfortably that far. Thus, we could stay overnight (if we could get someone to let the dogs out or stay with them), or we could drive back home the same day.

If John does not go, B and I would ride with my parents (gas $$$) and thus, I'd have no choice but to stay overnight. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'd be trapped in the same town as my crazy SIL. I don't think I want to do that.

I do want to see the kids. I don't want them to think I don't care about their birthdays. Her family missed many birthdays when they lived here, but did make it some. B misses the kids too. This week she has been asking for "MiMi" and I know she'd love to see them. I'm just not sure I want to drive all that way for an uncomfortable visit to her "turf" where she'll feel in control and probably will try to make sure I know it.

What do you think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is exactly what she wants you to do...to worry about whether to go or not. I would go for the kids and only for them. They deserve to see you and Brooklynn too.

If you go, I hope SIL doesn't make it a disaster. Let's hope she would take the high road for once, since it's her daughter's b-day.

Anonymous said...

oh geez. i don't know. i say go, at least you have your mom as a buffer. but don't go if it is going to put a financial strain on you.

Anonymous said...

I think you should go - for the kids (both yours and hers). But I like the idea of taking a separate car so you can get the heck out of there if needed! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I also think you should go. So you and B can see your brother and the kids. I am with Annie take a seperate car in case she go crazy while your there you can leave.