Saturday, March 01, 2008

We all survived

We left B in the responsible hands of our wonderful nieces for close to 4 hours. At one point in the evening, we received a photo message on our phone of a hilarious picture of Brooklynn in her highchair. She was screeching in delight and it looked like she was on a rollercoaster ride because of her highchair straps and the expression on her face. That made it easier to enjoy the time out. I have no idea if transferring the picture to the computer is possible or not, or I'd share it here.

I really wasn't worried that the girls wouldn't take good care of B, I was more worried that Brooklynn would be a handful and would ruin the evening for them. Busy B is just that- busy. She can be a real handful when she's in the mood to be. She can also be a true charmer too.

We arrived home around 9:45 and walked in the door to see Helen cuddled on the couch with the pups and Jenny in the recliner with B asleep on her shoulder. I don't know whether I was more happy or sad about that. I was sure Brooklynn wouldn't go to sleep without a fight since she wouldn't be nursing. Jenny said she just got cranky for a few minutes and then settled right down for a snooze. I guess my girl might be getting a step closer to weaning then, if she'll go to sleep fairly quickly without breastfeeding.

We tried to pay our nieces, but they wouldn't take it. John had bought them snacks and ordered them a pizza, but we still wanted to pay them too. I did stock them up with a bunch of toiletries and make-up from my CVSing. That made me feel a little better. I'm glad that B's cousins are such lovely ladies and want to spend time with her, even though they are much older. Growing up I was pretty close to my cousins on my mom's side, and I hope Brooklynn will enjoy that in her life as well.

Thanks to Nancy and Krista for your words of encouragement. I turned that comment moderation back off. I didn't even know it was turned on. Sorry about that!

No comments: