My in-laws called me at 9:56am and told me that Brooklynn had gotten a hold of one 80mg Lasix pill (diruetic - AKA water pill) and started to chew it up. They got most of it out of her mouth and rinsed her mouth out. They then called my BIL Jimmy because he is a nurse. THEN they called me.
I called the pedi and they had me call poison control. Poison Control told us that it sounds like her exposure would likely not be harmful, and to offer her additional fluids as her output would probably be increased. They will be calling my in-laws in an another hour or so to check on B's status. I just called to check on her myself and they said she is fine and sleeping.
I feel quite out of control. My in-laws are quite careful about keeping their meds up high in a cabinet, so I feel certain they must have taken the single pill out to take with their breakfast and either dropped it or something so that Brooklynn nabbed it before they could catch her. I do worry that they are not fast enough to care for her. B can be such a handful and she is lightning quick. Just yesterday she got a chair, pushed it to the back door, climbed up on it, stood up on it and was trying to open the back door at my in-laws house, all before they could stop her. I know they are wonderful caregivers, but they are so slow because of their physical limitations. I am freaking out a bit.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OMG!!!!!! I know accidents are going to happen, but I would be freaking out too! It's hard to know how to react when you have family watching your kids. You don't want to hurt their feelings by overreacting, but if it had been a daycare provider, you would be screaming your head off at them.
Hope B is okay after all this. I guess this will teach them that they have to stay two steps ahead of a toddler in the terrible twos and keep anything harmful out of her reach!
Post a Comment