There were no signs that she had ingested any of the lasix at all. She had no more wet diapers than usual and did not seem extra thirsty or anything. When I got to their house, they showed me the pill. You could still read the writing on it, but just the edges had started to disolve.
They are good at keeping their medication completely out of Brooklynn's reach. It is kept in a wall cabinet high on the wall above the washer and dryer. ALL of it. Each week they fill up pill boxes and when it is time to take their meds they get just the days box down, take their pills and put the box back.
What had happened is that FIL had dropped a bottle on Monday night. He picked them up and then swept with a broom to get them all and he and MIL both looked to see if all had been picked up. They missed one. It could happen to anybody. If I had swept I would have thought I had gotten them all too. They are not careless people. MIL worked in a daycare for 20 years - she knows the risks and the rules. All of us make mistakes - remember she managed to put insulation in her mouth at our house. I did my best not to overreact and remembering that they have been understanding when B has done something in our own care helps.
I mostly worry because I know how fast she is, and how slow they move because of their limitations (bad knees, arthritis...etc). Brooklynn is by far a very quick child, and a dare devil too. I also was freaking out because I wasn't there to take control of the situation myself.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I agree, stuff like that can happen to anyone. The other day I dropped our ear thermometer and the conatiner with the clear plastic covers spilled everywhere. They are a definite choking hazard so I very carefully got down and my hands and knees and made sure I got them ALL. And of course, 15 minutes later Sophie had one in her mouth that i had nissed!! Thank God I noticed she had something - she is very sneaky - and got it out in time. These little boogers just DO this stuff, and they are very good at finding hazards no matter how hard we try to toddler-proof their living space!
Glad all is well.
I'm huge about baby proofing the dangerous stuff and I've had to call poison control like 3 times. Things happen.
Post a Comment